With more than 70.000 sold helmets, Charly is marketleader in the range of aviation helmets.
Charly helmets are available from flight schools all over the world.
|No Limit||No Limit Jet||Insider|
|PG & HG visor helmet, our top-of-the line model with an extra large field of vision.||Aramid fiber reinforced PG visor helmet with an unobstructed downward view.||Our bestseller for PG & HG with an unbeatable fit.|
|Loop||Ace||Breeze||Breeze VS Tandem|
|Innovative PG multisport helmet, with optional visor, certified CE EN 966 + EN 1077||
Functional PG & multisport helmet, with optional visor and chin guard..
Freestyle PG & skiing helmet, with optional visor.
|Size adjustable helmet for tandem passengers.|
Quality features of air sports helmets to look out for:
- Air sports helmets must meet the requirements of the CE safety standard EN 966. But what differentiates this standard from CE EN 1077 for alpine ski and snowboard helmets? For ski helmets, break resistance must be sufficiently high to withstand a drop from a height of 0,75 m while the drop height is 1,5 m for air sports helmets. This corresponds to twice the impact energy! Accordingly, air sports helmets provide a much higher level of protection than ski helmets.
- The CE EN 966 norm does not require a chin guard. In order to prevent tooth and jaw injuries, a chin guard is nevertheless recommended not only for hangglider but also for paraglider pilots. The chin guard of air sports helmets should, however, not significantly limit the field of vision. In consideration of the danger of collisions in the air, you should pay attention to a corresponding design.
- Helmets made from ABS thermoplastic degrade under UV radiation. Even if high-quality UV-stabilizied ABS is used, a replacement of the helmet after 3 to 4 years is recommended. Helmets with an outer shell made from fiber-reinforced two-component plastics (No Limit and Insider), in contrast, are not only considerably more robust but also almost non-aging.
- Helmets with a full textile interior lining in fixed sizes offer the best fit and maximum wearing comfort. Adjustable headbands are rather suitable for bicycle helmets where good air ventilation is crucial.
- Important for spectacle wearers: The interior lining of the helmet should allow putting glasses on after the helmet is in place.