With more than 70.000 sold helmets, Charly is marketleader in the range of aviation helmets.
Charly helmets are available from flight schools all over the world.
If the helmet you require is unavailable from your flight school, then please contact » your country´s agency abroad. If your country is not listed, please contact us directly:
|No Limit||No Limit Jet||Insider|
|PG & HG visor helmet, our top-of-the line model with an extra large field of vision.||Aramid fiber reinforced PG visor helmet with an unobstructed downward view.||Our bestseller for PG & HG with an unbeatable fit.|
|Innovative PG multisport helmet, with optional visor, certified CE EN 966 + EN 1077|
Functional PG & multisport helmet, with optional visor and chin guard..
Freestyle PG & skiing helmet, with optional visor.
|UL & PG helmet with a size-adjustable textile interior lining S-XL. With optional ear protection. On sale at a bargain price.|
Quality features of air sports helmets to look out for:
- Air sports helmets have to be certified according to CE EN 966. There are CE EN 966 tested helmets that have additionally been certified according to EN 1077. Such helmets can be used both for air sports and winter sports. Skiing and snowboarding helmets that have been tested only according to the EN 1077 norm are not qualified for air sports.
- The CE EN 966 norm does not require a chin guard. In order to prevent tooth and jaw injuries, a chin guard is nevertheless recommended not only for hangglider but also for paraglider pilots. The chin guard of air sports helmets should, however, not significantly limit the field of vision. In consideration of the danger of collisions in the air, you should pay attention to a corresponding design.
- Helmets made from ABS thermoplastic degrade under UV radiation. Even if high-quality UV-stabilizied ABS is used, a replacement of the helmet after 3 to 4 years is recommended. Helmets with an outer shell made from fiber-reinforced two-component plastics (No Limit and Insider), in contrast, are not only considerably more robust but also almost non-aging.
- Helmets with a full textile interior lining in fixed sizes offer the best fit and maximum wearing comfort. Adjustable headbands are rather suitable for bicycle helmets where good air ventilation is crucial.
- Important for spectacle wearers: The interior lining of the helmet should allow putting glasses on after the helmet is in place.